PRIVATE PARTY MEDIATION
Private Party mediation is when parties work privately with a mediator either through their own initiative, through a court order, or pursuant to a mediation clause in a contract.
Divorce, Legal Separation, & Child Custody Mediation
Family mediation is a voluntary process by which couples in dispute, going through separation or divorce, are helped to deal with arrangements for their future.
Whereas the courts may pass judgments unfavorable to both parties, mediation allows the parties to come to an agreement while saving costs and protecting your children and your assets.
Whereas the courts are not interested in emotions, mediation allows parties to openly express themselves and allows for the space to discuss issues that may not have a monetary value.
Many couples prefer to mediate their own private arrangements with the assistance of a family mediator rather than put their decisions in the hands of the courts. By making this choice, couples are helped to communicate better and to minimize conflict whilst ensuring that future arrangements are tailor-made to suit the needs of their own particular family. Couples can discuss parenting issues and finances together in the presence of a trained and impartial mediator who can help them consider all the available options.
Our role is to assist parties in working together to discuss issues, specifically addressing all needs and concerns, offer and facilitate creative solutions, and facilitate an agreement that is based on the intersection of humanity and the law.
Mediation Services Offered
- Premarital Mediation for heterosexual couples, same sex couples, religious couples
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements (Including Jewish Get or Gittin and incorporate Beit Din)
- Parenting Plan Mediation
- Separation Agreements
- Pre-filing Settlement agreements
- Divorce Mediation
- Religious Agreements, such as a Jewish Get or Gittin
- Child Custody Agreements
- Spousal Support Agreements
- Property settlements
- Special agreements relating to grandparents rights/visitation, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
- Post Divorce Mediation
- Modification of Mediated Issues Mediation
- Same Sex Couple Agreements
Inter and Intra-Generational Mediation
Family mediation is a voluntary process by which family members in dispute relating to major life transitions (sibling conflicts relating to a will or trust, putting an adult parent into a nursing home, dealing with issues of loss and grief) work with a trained mediator to communicate needs and concerns and attempt to restore personal peace as well as family harmony. And most importantly, to avoid the stress of lawsuits in addition to the stress of life changes that already exist.
Families prefer this type of mediation rather than putting their decisions in the hands of the court because families are complex and have long histories amongst members that are subtle and change over time. A court is ill-equipped to deal with issues such as restoration of family harmony. Our mediators provide a nurturing and safe space for families to air their “dirty laundry” under a veil of confidentiality.
Sibling, Elder & Family Mediation Services Offered
- Retirement Asset Disputes
- Elder Care Arrangement Disputes
- Estate Planning Conflicts of Interest
- Will contest allegations
- Disputes over administration of estates
- Disputes over trust administration including disputes about the respective rights of principal and income beneficiaries, disputes between co-trustees